Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Fingering Trainer IV

Here is another fingering trainer that I found.  This fingering trainer is for violin.  Click here to check out the link.  This one works very similar to the one for Clarinet, where the student selects the correct fingering for the pitch that is displayed.  Below you can see what it looks like.



Unlike the other trainer, you can actually select the key that you want to work on and the fingerings will coincide with the finger pattern for that specific key. On the example below, you can see that the fingerings are going to be selected from G Major.  So only the notes of G Major are highlighted on the screen.  This also helps reinforce Key Signature recognition.

 After the key is selected, the user simple clicks on the "start" button and the trainer begins.  Below is what that looks like.


The student now clicks on the appropriate string and tape position of the note asked for and the results are instantly recorded.  The amount completed, number of errors, total score, and time are all recorded.  It is a fun challenge to see how fast the students can accurately complete the fingerings.

3 comments:

  1. I'm really surprised by just how interactive some of those finger training websites are! I think the pictures & instant feedback would be so motivating & helpful for the students. It's like having a teacher at home. Someone like me, with absolutely no musical ability, really appreciates the pictures that have the correct keys highlighted. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick,
    What another great discovery! As I peruse your blog, I can definitely tell that I am out of my element, but for one of your students these sites would be wonderful resource. I agree with Eileen that it's like having a private tutor or teacher looking over your shoulder as you play. Thanks for sharing Patrick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with Steve, all of these musical web 2.0's are way beyond my grasp but I am sure the students will benefit from them. Maybe I should start to learn my notes again...in my spare time of course.

    ReplyDelete